- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Electrical Engineer
An ENR top rated full-service engineering consultancy hiring for a senior substation engineer.
Position will be responsible for performing detailed engineering and design of substation projects from conceptual design through construction from 69kV to 500kV design on various high-voltage (69-500kV) substation projects. Assignments cover the full range of project planning through design and construction support. The position will include reporting to project managers and directing design engineers and CADD/designer staff and performing design quality reviews.
- Create/modify design documents and drawings for a project, including one-lines, three-lines, control schematics, wiring diagrams, relay panel arrangements, specifications, conduit and cable sizing/routing, and generating bills of material.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate project activities with manager, clients, and others as needed.
- Prepare scopes, schedules, and budgets, and insure that schedules and budgets are met.
- Take on a project engineer and/or project manager role as required.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering, preferably with a power option.
- Profession Engineer (PE) registration.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proficiency using AutoCAD or Microstation and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience Substation rigid and strain bus design; ground grid design; surge and direct stroke protection; raceway design; IEEE/ANSI standards.
- Substation physical layout and electrical clearances;
- Excellent interpersonal skills as well as verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design package and requirements.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.