- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Neta IV Tech Needed
Exciting opportunity for a NETA Level IV Field Services Technician. Reporting to a Client Manager, accountable to work independently leading small project teams on a regular basis and large project teams during seasonal turnaround
Locations in Midwest and Austin
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following areas:
- Daily preventative maintenance testing and repair services for a large industrial client
- Commissioning testing activities may be required at times.
- Preparing and executing daily work orders for yourself and other crew members.
- Foster client relationships through client interface on site
- Identify service opportunities for clients and communicate them to Client Managers
- Progress through NETA levels
- On site, hands-on work, as required
- Planning daily work orders for team members
- Coordinate work orders with operations and maintenance crews and receive permits for work.
- Coordinate work for larger crews during maintenance turnarounds.
- Work with the client's planners to improve upon work orders where possible.
- Coordinate to facilitate test equipment requirements
- Provide project status updates to client's reliability team daily
- Maintain effective communication with internal and external groups regarding milestone achievements, costs, opportunities, etc.
- Escalate awareness of issues and concerns on projects within a timely manner to Client Manager and client
- Develop site strategy and adjust timelines
- Ensure leadership safety excellence is demonstrated onsite
- Responsible for site quality and document reviews
- Responsible for the safety of yourself and crew members working under your supervision.
- Ensure daily work is completed as per client work orders.
- Ensure documentation is completed, compiled and filed in accordance with client's procedure.
- Ensure completion and submission of all documents
- Ensure clients drawings are accurate and up to date for applicable scopes
- Complete technical reviews
- Support invoicing by ensuring daily LEM's are signed and submitted in accordance with companies time sheet submission process.
- Ensure work orders are completed as required. Where this is not possible, communication to client reliability team is necessary.
- Provide feedback to Client Managers on project execution and employee performance onsite
- Integrate junior employees into projects in a safe manner
- Lead, mentor and develop employees
- Ensure all safety policies are adhered to at all times
- Participate in safety meetings and present 1-2 monthly topics
- Be known as a safety leader on the clients work site
Required Skills And Qualifications
- MUST be a certified NETA IV Technician/Technologist/Engineer
- 5+ years experience as a Electrical Technologist / Field Technician / Power System Electrician / Electrical Engineer
- Hands-on field experience commissioning, testing or maintaining power delivery equipment, including breakers, switchgear, relays, transformers.
- Broad knowledge in industrial and utility environments
- Trade or tech school certification required
- Electrical Engineering degree, PSE (Power Systems Electrician) or CET (Certified Engineering Technologist) and NETA certification is an asset
- Proven experience leading engaged and productive project teams
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Second language skills (specifically Spanish) would be an asset
- Ability to self-manage with proven initiative and client focus
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong problem solving skills, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management skills with an attention to detail
- MUST have the ability to work flexible shifts, which include weekends, evenings and statutory holidays
- Ability to travel within North and South America
- Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A positive, "can-do" attitude
All interested applicants are invited to apply directly to click apply.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.