- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
NETA II Technician
Senior/Lead Relay Technician
Our seasoned relay technicians lead and perform testing/routine maintenance of Transmission and Distribution substation power equipment, relaying, pilot channel equipment, controls and communications equipment.
As a Senior/Lead Relay Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Testing, including (without limitation): reading/verifying all voltage and current inputs to relays; verifying all metering (local and SCADA); calibrating all relays; trip testing (local and SCADA); verifying all alarms (local and SCADA); verifying all alarms (local and SCADA); verifying all function switches, etc.
- Performing routine troubleshooting and repair of substation relaying and control equipment. Commission new substations, power equipment, relaying (electro-mechanical, solid state and microprocessor), pilot channel equipment (power line carrier, pilot wire, transfer, transfer trip, fiber optic, CVT's, line tuners, line traps, etc.), controls and communications equipment
- Planning, scheduling, and completing test activities efficiently, on time, without service interruptions
- Providing project technical support to Field Service personnel
- Minimum of 5 years of field experience in commissioning, panel and equipment checkout, relay calibration, testing and repairing substation relaying and control schemes
- Experience is desirable in any of the following related areas: substation design (including protection & control engineering); substation construction; substation commissioning; SCADA/Fault Data/SER/Integration-Automation equipment installation and testing
- 3 phase power systems; power system protection & control schemes; test equipment; test equipment software
- Test equipment and toll/wiring usage; interpretation of wiring and elementary diagrams; basic test skills to perform duties listed above; basic PC skills
- Quickly learn and apply test procedure for various types of substation equipment; communicate effectively with diverse groups, tailoring communication for audience and situation
- Learn and apply client's switching procedures and safety measures as required
- Reference and complete assignments as described in applicable specifications
- Perform regular field work both indoors and outdoors
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication skills, business acumen, management ability
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Valid Driver's license and good driving record
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.