- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
- If managing the movement of goods tickles your fancy, then this is the role you have been waiting for.
- Ensuring that outbound rail and road traffic is maintained at optimum levels by coordinating with the mine-site Logistics Operations and Transport Superintendent on a daily basis.
- Monitoring outbound logistics products, ensuring that customer requirements are met and that product movements to the port are on schedule.
- Controlling and maintaining the integrity of the harbor logistics operation, ensuring that all shipment requirements are met with no quality or contamination problems.
- Managing port and related service levels agreements (port agents, stevedores, surveyors, port terminal etc.)
- Liaising with various shipping agencies to ensure the timeous and efficient export of products to customers.
- Ensuring expeditious resolution to customer and other claims.
- Attending planning meetings at Ports.
- Preparing and controlling the annual budget by forecasting operating, selling costs
- and monitoring expenditure on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring regular communication with service providers in order to expedite orders.
- Maintaining and improving product handling/quality, safety, health and environmental standards and practices.
- Bachelor degree/BTech in Supply Chain Management/related tertiary qualification
- MICS (Institute of Chartered Shipbrokers), CSCP (Certified Supply Chain
- Professional) preferable
- MS Office (advanced Excel), SAP (HR & procurement).
- Minimum of 5 years operations experience in a leadership capacity
- Port/terminal operations experience (in particular demonstrate relationships with
- operational and management teams in the ports)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...