- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Short Term Planner
Focus on improving the economics and efficiencies of mining by designing, implementing, monitoring, adapting and reporting on daily weekly and monthly production design and schedules.
These interventions are to align to medium and long term planning and strategies.
Detailed Job description:
- Plan and facilitate day-to-day short-term activities for the Mine
- Compile and update daily, weekly and monthly statistical reports related to short term planning
- Track and reconcile statistical reports compared to budget
- Reconcile actual vs planned ore and waste mined
- Maintain mining reporting systems
- Formulate the drill and blast designs as well as the load and haul for the mine
- Ensure that scheduling and reconciliation is done for these areas
- Provide input to the budget for drill and blast as well as load and haul related activities
- Facilitating pre-planning and integrated planning meetings
- Ensure the right type and quantity of equipment is available based on the pit area.
- Achieve agreed upon KPIs by managing performance
- Continuously identify and address gaps in own performance and develop mitigating action plans to close the gap
- Assist in the attainment of MRM goals and objectives by collaborating with the MRM team and committing to reaching targets for area of responsibility
- Provides colleagues with expert advice and industry standards for Short Term Planning
- Ensure that organizational stakeholders are identified and engaged to promote and elicit their assistance with Geology related matters
- Ensure that the right information is available and organized into a format that can be used by colleagues, contractors and suppliers
- Work with relevant parties to identify, prioritise and deal with issues related to short term planning
- Manage expectations and provide accurate and effective planning services relationship management to all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with Medium Term Planner and Business Partners
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Undergraduate in Mine Engineering
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- 5 years' relevant experience in mine engineering and planning
- Open cast mining experience
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POST:
- Postgraduate degree in mine engineering
- Project management/planning certification.
- Blasting Certificate of Competency
- Exposure to relevant mine planning software packages (e.g. MineSched, Surpac)
- Manganese mining experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.