- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Rock Engineering Specialist - Palaborwa
The position is responsible for identification of ground conditions with appropriate support recommendation and ensuring compliance to specification for ground control Strategies. This includes the present development ends.
Detailed Job description:
- Sound understanding of geotechnical issues pertaining to underground mining
- Good understanding of hard-rock
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to fault find and provide guidance to problem solving
Qualifications and Experience:
- BSc Engineering/ BSc Geology/Mathematics/Physics (Hons), B-tech/BSc in Mining Engineering
- Chamber of mines Rock Mechanics certificates (Hard Rock).
- Surface mining experience Advantageous
- Five (5) years in a hard rock underground mining environment (Rock engineering)
- Advanced Computer literacy (MS Office, Map3D, Examined 2D & 3D, J Block and other Geotechnical Software Packages).
List Key skills / Key words:
Maintaining and reviewing COP's , GCMP, SWP and Standards
- Supervising SCO's and Operators
- Maintaining MOSH Adoption initiatives
- SAP Bookings and Support Design
Cost and Budget control
- Preparing and controlling the section's annual budget by forecasting operating costs and monitoring expenditure on a monthly basis
- Preparing capital appropriations
- Developing and implementing cost efficiency programs
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?