- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
OH Design Engineer
Seeking a full-time Overhead Line Design Engineer with extensive experience leading teams and using the PLS-CADD software suite for the routing, design, and execution of high voltage overhead transmission and distribution design projects.
Routing and design of transmission and distribution lines utilizing the Power Line Systems software suite including PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, and TOWER
- Structure analysis and loading trees, developing design criteria and specifications for the T&D line design and procurement of materials, project cost estimating, and quality control reviews.
- Should be familiar with industry codes and standards and have experience as the technical lead on projects.
- Will prepare drawings and documentation for construction of transmission line projects.
- Providing leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Some marketing responsibilities.
- Engineer applicants: Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited program and an active professional engineering (PE) registration Minimum 4 years of related experience with routing, design, and specification of high voltage overhead transmission and/or distribution lines.
- For Designer applicants, an engineering degree is not required for those that can demonstrate at least 7 years of full-time PLS-CADD design responsibilities in the electric utility industry
- Experience in 12kV to 500kV line design and working knowledge and/or expertise in Power Line Systems software suite (i.e., PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, TOWER, etc.) required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment, as well as strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.