- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Project Manager - Tunnel
Reporting to the Tunnel Director you will be responsible for the construction and completion of a major section of tunnels, portals, shafts and cross passages on the Project.
Role and Responsibilities.
- Responsible for the construction and completion of a major section of tunnels, portals, shafts and cross passages on the Project
- Manage the construction of underground projects to ensure tunnels, portals, shafts and cross passages and other associates structures are constructed safely, on time, within budget and to the required standards of quality.
- Responsible for the control of operations and execution of performance and completion of the project.
- Establish and maintain management systems and processes for the Tunnel Department.
- Identify resource requirements (people, equipment and process) to facilitate and implement the tunnel and associated works.
- Liaise and coordinate with staff of other departments such as the Design & Planning Team, DBC Team, Commercial & Contracts Team, Underground Station Team, Land Management, Legal Team, Stakeholder Relations Team, Elevated Team (Interfacing Sections), System Team, Track Work Team and E&M Team to support the successful completion of the project.
- Lead the operational work of Tunnel Department Project Managers and Seniors Inspectors.
- Review the design and identify potentials risk and issues that will delay construction and seek resolutions.
- Develop, promote and maintain a system for risks management, mitigation and mitigation surveillance to ensure timely identification of risk to the project and management of appropriate mitigation measures.
- Oversee manufacturing of Refurbished and New TBMs including testing and commissioning.
- Review works practice and advise the Contractor of non-conformance and safety violation and where necessary propose solutions.
- Monitor the works programme and identify delays or potential delays and develop mitigation measures.
- Demonstrate a zero tolerance approach to all health and safety non compliances
- Promote department compliance with the code of ethics and business practices.
- Develop, coach and mentor all staff, in particular junior staff and Malaysian nationals on tunnelling construction, construction and project management and associated works.
- Review project staff performance regularly and recommend training necessary for staff to achieve or exceed their career objectives.
- Provide guidance and mentor new and junior staff to ensure they can meet their KPI's and keep team resources focused on developing and executing the plan.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are disseminated to all levels where needed.
- Assist and Support the Tunnel Director (General Manager) to ensure that safety, time, cost and quality objectives are optimized.
- Manage the review of Contractor's design, testing and method construction submissions in a timely manner to ensure work is not delayed.
- Develop and maintain an effective quality surveillance system to ensure that all records, test result and inspection completed by Supervising consultants and WPC are compliant with the contract and ensure all non-conformances are closed out.
- Manage surveillance audits to ensure segment production is meeting the contract quality requirements.
- Manage site surveillance audits of the Supervising Consultants and WPC to ensure monitoring works are meeting the project objectives.
- Establish and manage programme of strategic surveillance for safety. Conduct regular site safety/environment surveillance audits. Share good practices and provide advice to the contractor to improve the safety and health standards in order to benefit the project.
- Report to management regarding incidents or accident and assist with investigation and determination of mitigation measures to prevent future occurrence.
- Manage the preparation of weekly and other reports regarding progress status, safety, quality and environmental issues. Highlight any areas of concern for follow-up.
- Provide support to commercial team to check and verify claims for payment for work done.
- Provide technical support and project information as required to Contract Management Department for contractual claim analysis and recommendations.
- Assist in design development of new MRT lines as required including:
- Review and provide input on technical specifications including General Specifications;
- Material and Workmanship; Particular Specifications and Drawings.
- Provide technical input for pre-qualification evaluations
- Provide technical input for tender evaluation.
- Review of tunnelling strategies and assess associated risk
- Establish and execute a complete and comprehensive framework to accelerate the transfer of knowledge and competency to local employees through but not limited to the establish Position Technical Competency Framework.
- Provide update and report on the progress and development of the transfer of knowledge and competency to local employees and recommend ways and methods to accelerate the development on a continuous basis.
- Coordinate and attend meetings with third parties including Authorities.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND COMPETENCY:
- Degree in Civil or Mining Engineering or similar.
- Minimum of fifteen (15) years broad working experience in underground metro tunnelling works in urban environment or railway infrastructure or underground railway infrastructure projects.
- Experience in the other similar underground infrastructure construction environment in a senior position will be considered.
- Hands on experience in overseeing the operation of Close Face & Pressurised TBMs, SCL/NATM tunnelling and shaft construction is an added advantage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.