- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Staff Transmission Engineer
Our client is looking for a Staff Civil Engineer with experience designing high voltage transmission lines. This will be a 6 month contract opportunity with the possiblity of converting to a permanent full time position.
- Responsible for the design of high voltage (69-500kV) transmission lines using PLS-CADD.
- Prepare construction documents including plan and profile drawings, structure loading trees, and foundation and assembly drawings.
- Provide field support during construction.
- Plan, schedule, conduct and coordinate work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and familiarity with basic principles and practices in related specialties.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering from accredited program.
- Experience with PLS-CADD or equivalent.
- 3+ years of related professional experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Completion of FE exam.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.