- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor on the day shift, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating machines in the cell.
Boring Mill - Weekend Nights or Afternoons
Lathe - Nights or Weekend Nights
Afternoon: 3pm - 11pm
Night: 11pm - 7am
Weekend nights: 6pm - 6am Fri, Sat, Sun
C of Q liscene is preferred - salary starting at 39 per hour
Without liscence 27-33 per hour
Machine Shop Technician
Reporting to the Machine Shop Supervisor on the day shift, as the Machine Shop Technician, you will produce aircraft parts to drawing while operating machines in the cell. The successful candidate must be willing to multitask and cross-train on all machines within the cell, as required.
- Perform own manual set-ups by positioning and aligning tooling per set-up instructions using CNC programming language (G codes).
- Maintain tolerances by observing operation and making necessary machine offset adjustments, cutter changes, calculating feed and speeds and performing self-inspection (OSV-Operator Self Verification
- Document actions in support of quality logs, communicate all discrepancies in machining to supervision and create Product Defect Sheets (PDS) as required.
- Perform work from set-up sheets, manufacturing sheets and drawings.
- Support and promote continuous improvement, 5S activities and Standard Work Development in the cell.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of current Boring Mill CNC machining experience and or Lath
- Certificate of Qualification (C of Q) is preferred.
- Must be willing to multi-task as required.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize measuring equipment in support of quality requirements and read and interpret blueprints.
- Demonstrated ability to operate and use an overhead crane in a safe manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Willingness to train and operate other machines in the cell and willingness to work overtime
- Must be willing to work evening, night or weekend shifts
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.