- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Distribution JL needed Class A CDL is required
Exciting job expanding the energy infrastructure for a growing part of the Southwest
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn't require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that's committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? This could be the Opportunity you are looking for.
Do you want to work in an exciting job expanding the energy infrastructure for a growing part of the Southwest? Do you want to build a long-term career at a company committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, a company with plenty of room to grow?
Looking for an experienced Distribution Journeyman Lineman
The person filling this position must be self-motivated, work well with others and possess a positive attitude and commitment to work safely, provide quality customer service, create satisfaction and to work productively. In this challenging and rewarding position, the successful candidate must have a well-rounded knowledge of distribution primary feeders, transformer loading and fusing practices. The ideal candidate is thoroughly familiar with the safety regulations of the Company and must be well acquainted with the hazards involved in distribution service work. This role will perform a variety of lineman duties that involve overhead and underground electric distribution and transmission construction, operations and maintenance activities. Primary responsibilities consist of but are not limited to: installation, maintenance and removal of overhead and underground distribution conductors and equipment. Must be able to climb poles, work on energized conductors and equipment, perform hot stick work on energized high voltage conductors, work in inclement weather, be available for callout work and all other work as outlined in the Journeyman Serviceman position.
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Must be capable of performing all aspects of electric distribution overhead, underground, construction, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Must be available for emergency call-outs as per a schedule.
- Must have effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Position could possibly require travel for extended time periods
- Must be physically fit and able to lift objects up to 90 pounds, pass a physical examination and be able to perform strenuous physical labor under all types of conditions.
- Experience with bucket trucks, digger derricks, trenchers and groundwork with utility line crew required
- A high awareness of safety and compliance with company safety rules is required at all times
- Completion of an approved apprentice line program is required
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.