- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
PV Electrical Engineer
Are you a self-starter electrical engineer with a good experience throughout the development, procurement, construction and operations phases of PV projects?
We are currently looking for a dynamic PV electrical engineer to join one of the biggest IPP in South Africa to support the growth of the company in the photovoltaic sector in Africa.
Detailed Job description
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will provide technical support in tenders, design of large-scale PV projects, technical due-diligence, as part of PV project development or acquisition.
- Provide technical advice including energy yield assessments; specification assistance; procurement assistance; general project advice; and technical due diligence
- Assess technical risks and propose mitigation strategies to reduce risk on project CAPEX, OPEX and revenues
- Follow evolution of standards and good practices in the development and design of large-scale solar projects
- Follow market trends, identify prospects, manage the complete project lifecycle from proposal to delivery
- Produce high quality reports and other documentation and present them to customers
- A minimum of a 5-year degree in an engineering field (Pr Eng) preferably in electrical engineering
- Experience (1-2 years) in energy assessments, project engineering, procurement or construction of PV plants
- Experience in PVSYST and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of HV procurement and design
- General technical knowledge of how a PV plant is developed, constructed and operated
- Knowledge of Grid Code requirements
- Experience on large infrastructure tenders
- Advanced customer skills - strong interpersonal, relationship and stakeholder management skills - and ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent organizational and time management skills in order to meet stringent deadlines
- Knowledge of legislation and regulations (including HSE), international standards and certification body requirements
- Electrical Engineer
- Good understanding of Solar PV
- AutoCad and PVsyst
- Grid code
- HV procurement and design
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.