- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Economist / Data Analyst
- Are you an economist and passionate about local rural village economics ?
- Do you want to be part of a passionate and professional team in Dar es Salaam ?
- Perform economic assessments at customer level, village level, cluster level and country level
- Define the right tariff and subsidy level to assure financial viability at village level
- Create economic models to assess the financial viability of new offers, promotions and products including sensitivity analysis
- Support the team on economic valuation for technical, operations and commercial decisions, developing decision making tools and models
- Participate to economic studies and analyses addressing topics such as supply demand balances, supply strategies, market players, price formation and indexation…
- Create business plan for local entrepreneurs applying for a loan
- Manage the Micro-Finance portfolio including loan repayments, defining financial parameters,…
- Collect, gather and document data on off-grid markets (infrastructures, production,
- consumption, prices, customers…)
- Participate in studies on the competitive context of the company and on important strategic
- topics for the company
- Prepare presentations on strategic topics for senior management
- Perform statistics and analysis on existing data in order to create market intelligence as well
- as use said data to perfect our marketing and business practices
- Forecasting demand forecast for goods and services, contribute to regular updates and
- support documentation and assumptions
- Produce notes of analyses and syntheses and interact with stakeholders
- Produce easy to use and relevant reporting to enable piloting the commercial activity and
- ensure continuous improvement of commercial offers (continuous learning, return of experience).
Skills and competences
- Passionate about local rural village economics
- Structured and attention to detail
- Being logical and methodical.
- Having IT skills.
- Having math skills.
- Having good written and spoken communication abilities in Swahili and English
- Optimistic teamplayer
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in economic modelling and econometry
- Experience in a management position is a plus
- Experience with Micro Finance Institution is a plus (local economics)
- Bachelor Degree in Economy
- Post Graduate Studies in Econometry (Added Advantage)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Renewable Energy
- Women in Power – Why women can make a huge difference in the Energy industry
The U.S. energy workforce is far from diverse and it could well be holding back innovation in the sector. Find out what job...
- Take your career to new heights as a Blade Technician
Not everyone is built to work in an office and making a career change, however drastic, can make a huge difference to your l...