- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Study & Design Engineer
A leading renewable energy company in South Africa, is looking for a young and dynamic Study and Design Engineer to join their team and play an integral role in their growing engineering team.
Study and Design Engineer, Post Graduate degree required, but no industry experience. The role is to be active in the development phase of the project, including resource assessment and project front end design.
Study & Design Engineer - Job Description:
- Fulfilling the requirements of the wind and solar data monitoring campaigns conducted by the Company;
- Manage the configurations, procurement and maintenance of data collection equipment/services;
- The processing and analyses of wind and solar data characteristics;
- The technical assessment and interpretation of wind and solar resources including prospecting for potential wind/solar sites and calculating potential energy yield analyses and reports;
- The optimization of facility layouts;
- Design layouts of access and internal roads, internal electrical network reticulation design and map and data set creations, also in accordance with and to fulfil the requirements of permit applications;
- Management and tracking of external technical approvals including, but not limited to, impacts on Civil Aviation and Telecommunications;
- External study management including, but not limited to, electrical studies, topographical surveys, geological/geotechnical and acoustic studies;
- Visual impact studies (photomontages) and flicker studies of wind farms;
- Economic analyses and LCOE calculation for construction and operation of facilities;
- Feasibility and risk analyses of energy facilities;
- And other transversal tasks including technical authoring of writing of technical methods and procedures;
- Conducting site visits and installation of data monitoring equipment as may be required;
- Conducting technical due diligence examinations on prospective project acquisitions and external technical reports;
- Support of Asset Management team in the monitoring of operational facilities;
- Any other tasks related to facility assessment and viability as may be required by management from time to time.
- Post Graduate degree
- No industry experience required, training will be offered.
Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities.
Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?