- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client, an African solar start up moving to scale up, are currently looking for a young and self-driven Marketing Manager to manage the building of the fundamentals for the Marketing function within Ivory Coast.
Detailed Job description:
Market Analysis (Customer Insight):
- Partner with research to resolve knowledge gaps, connect information and uncover fresh insights into customer needs, wants, desires to create actionable opportunities.
- Partner with retail sales channel to understand shopper missions and how to win in-store.
- Analysing the category to understand what drives brand choice and category consumption, identifying the root causes of market performance and barriers and triggers to growth and understanding financial performance to provide recommendations.
- Monitor key trend forecasts on how customers', and shoppers' worlds are evolving, and competitive activity to identify category value drivers
Brand Positioning & Strategy:
- Develop competitive category strategy through conducting strategic reviews and audits to understand the rules of the category, the key value drivers, segmentation and what it takes to win.
- Define activity plans required to build equity and fulfil the brand vision, and monitor performance to strengthen mix
- Align cross functional team to Jobs to be Done
- Define CRISP Jobs-to-Be-Done (JTBDs) to drive priorities, align extended brand team partners and shape resource allocation
- Input to multifunctional innovation/renovation/Non Innovation Led Growth (NILG) team to deliver a project on time in full (OTIF)
- Translate proposition into locally relevant USP.
- Develop a business case to win investment and resource support for innovation/renovation/NILG initiatives and to enable effective resource deployment
- Project manage local deployment of Innovations.
- Select appropriate communication channels based on a consumption and consumer media behaviour (i.e. paid, owned & earned media)
- Create briefs to articulate how communication can get the Job to be Done and communicate to the creative agencies
- Work on local Brand Communication Ideas (BCI) and Campaign Ideas (CI)) and the subsequent implementation - with approval from the Marketing Director
In Market Activation:
- Develop a detailed Country Brand Activity and Business plan
- Develop a local strategy for price and trade promotions using PM pricing strategy as a key input
Liaise with Sales to
- Develop relevant channel strategy for each customer facing channel that maximises sales and enhances competitiveness
- Ensure effective Customer Sell-In of NPD and other initiatives, drive flawless visibility and speed to shelf of NPD, develop and implement tailored channel/retailer specific activity
- Develop and implement communication plans in-market to meet local media, language and legal requirements
Tracking Performance and Optimising Brand Equity, Plans & Mixes:
- Part of cross functional team through timely measurements of results against internal and external KPIs
- Diagnose issues and opportunities and make changes to the Brand plan through analysis of root causes of performance
- Develop annual budgets based on operational and financial targets
- Monitor the departmental operating budget to ensure expenditure is aligned to budget allocations
- Address budget variances with the Finance Department to clarify over or under-spend
- Authorise expenses as per delegation of authority
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.