- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
X 3 Site Supervisor- Electrical
A global solar provider are currently looking for 3 Site Supervisors Electrical to be based in the Northern Cape to be responsible for overseeing all day to day construction activities with focus in Electrical discipline
Manage, monitor and report delivery/execution :
- Oversee all on site operation for mechanical installations according to manufacture specifications, and onsite works compliance by the contractor and subcontractor for construction and commissioning and ensuring compliance thereof. Report any deviations to the Site Manager.
- Responsible for inspection, supervision and reporting of mechanical site activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards in accordance with company procedures and processes, legislation, standards and industry best practice.
- Coordinate with logistical team daily to ensure the on-time delivery of free Issue material on site and correct storage and stacking to prevent and damage to material.
- Compile daily and weekly Construction reports based on on-site observations
- Ensure the project is being executed within the contract works and baseline schedule and proactively assist the Site Manager and Project Manager to execute the works within the budget established.
- Engage daily with the site managers of sub-suppliers and contractors in terms of progress, risks and quality of works.
- Preparation and review of all quality work procedures, QCP's and ITP's h. Assist the Site Manager by Monitoring, verifying and reviewing Contractor compliance to quality Assurance procedures, H&S, schedule, EMP and the ESMS, and report any deviations to the Site Manager.
- Monitor the Sub-EPC's compliance to the contract schedule, project documents and budget, and raise any non-compliances to the Site Manager
- Inspect Contractor documentation and data capturing on a continuous basis
- Assess the on-site management structures in place for on site management and supervision, to ensure they are effective and efficient on a continual basis
- Ensure the Sub-EPC follow the set procedures within the contracts, ESMS, EA, BCOE and all other related standards and contracts. Identify daily on-site risks related to construction works and instruct the Sub EPC to implement mitigating actions
- Manage the requirements of SSO in terms of its responsibilities on the projects and as instructed by the Site Manager. Conduct safety inspections daily and maintain high construction and site safety standards
- Assess the sub-supplier's management performance a continuous basis
- Ensure project compliance to the Project Management Plan
- Evaluate project KPI's to ensure positive project performance
- Inform the Site Manager of early risks related to time and costs of the project continuously
- Assist the Site Manager in ensuring on-site works are being executed within quality standards, on time and within budget
- Assist and interact with the following key project disciplines on site: Health and Safety, Environmental management, Quality Control, Document control of all quality documentation, Progress measurement of site activities and Community Liaison (Grievances)
- 8+ years working experience in a construction project environment - supervisory/management role.
- This includes the following: 2+ years management of renewable energy.
- Commercial Electrical works on solar farms or large-scale Electrical projects
- In depth knowledge AC, DC, PV inverters stations, IS Controller, Power transformer, MW Swithgear, Power plant controller, solar modules, combiner fox, fibre optics, testing and commissioning and grid connection.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.