- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Business developer (Commercial and Industrial)
On behalf of our client, a global green project development company in Wind & Solar technologies across the world, are currently looking to expand their Commercial and Industrial offerings across Sub-Sahara Africa.
The Business Developer will be responsible for originating renewable energy projects / deals across various countries in the sub-Saharan African region.
The Business Developer's responsibilities will include the following:
- Stakeholder engagement (at industrial and political levels)
- Development of a commercial network
- Development of marketing material
- Commercial negotiation (including PPAs)
- Policy analysis
- Due diligence
- Bid preparation
- Tender preparation and management for contractors / consultants
- Business case preparation, including basic financial modelling
- Market intelligence and strategy orientations
- Regular travels within Sub-Saharan Africa
The Business Developer will report to the Business Development Manager, who reports to the CEO.
The required candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in business (or equivalent)
- Outstanding communication skills in both oral and written English
- Proficiency in MS Office software suite
- Ability to work independently
- Lateral thinking aptitude
- Fast learner
- Strong business and political acumen (supported by proof of actively participating in successful deals)
- 3+ years working in a business development environment
- Passion for renewables
The following non-compulsory skills would be an advantage to the candidate:
- Proficiency in at least one other language spoken in Africa
- Experience working in other African countries
- Experience in building business models
- Experience / qualification in project management
- General interest in and understanding of the energy landscape in Sub-Saharan Africa
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.