- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, Durban & Cape Town
A global petrol-chemical company is seeking business advisory supporting experts. If you opened for relocation and had work experience which mentioned in the requirement , you are the person we need.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- As a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for the analysis of plant's mechanical equipment. Primary tasks for this position includes analysis of Mechanical surveillance & condition monitoring results, maintaining asset management strategies, support to maintenance department, troubleshooting plant related mechanical faults, identifying incident root causes and determining appropriate corrective actions, support to turnaround in work scope development and providing Design For Reliability (DFR) support to small and capital projects.
- Provide reliability support for mechanical systems in a petrochemical plant. This includes determining appropriate equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, identifying root causes and advising on appropriate corrective actions, turnaround support and providing input on mechanical systems and equipment selection for small and capital projects.
Typical responsibility of a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer includes:
- Routine maintenance and repairs to Refinery Rotating Equipment e.g. centrifugal pumps (various manufacturers) turbines, reciprocating compressors, pressure relief valves, tank mixers, force draught fans, bucket elevators and rotor formers
- Manages all resources for routine maintenance and repairs to Refinery fixed equipment and related pipe work. Type of equipment includes Furnaces, Columns, Drums, Vessels, Exchangers, Fin Fans and Boilers
- Actively participate in the Loss Prevention System to identify behaviour and work process improvement opportunities, root causes, and effective corrective actions that will help eliminate incidents and injuries.
- Detect and prevent mechanical equipment failures using predictive and preventative techniques, root cause analysis of mechanical failures and determining appropriate corrective actions, promoting the use of mechanical equipment asset strategies, providing recommendations and scope generation for turnarounds and assisting small and capital project to select or specify mechanical equipment.
- Conduct and support incident investigations and sRCM, FMEA, and RCFA studies for mechanical equipment.
- Ensure mechanical records are comprehensively completed and archived, with emphasis on root cause identification, history briefs of repairs/failures and detailed records of internal and external inspections.
- Be an active team member of Instrumentation, Electrical, Analysers and Rotating equipment (IEAR) team and be an enabler of collective achievement of team's goals and objectives.
- Work with IMPACT and maintenance teams to ensure that shutdown work is development and submitted.
- Create or modify Predictive and Preventative Maintenance tasks, job guidelines and procedures when needed for mechanical equipment.
- Mentor less experienced engineers and analysts. Provide basic training to mechanical technician's and artisans on failure modes, preventative maintenance and fault diagnostics.
- A self-motivated and an assertive person with five years of mechanical maintenance or reliability experience gained in a petrochemical or process industry.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and orally.
- Proficiency in equipment failure analysis techniques such as root cause failure analysis, FMEA and RCM.
- Eng or B Tech equivalent in Mechanical engineering
- Prima Vera & SAP preferred, Meridium, Asset Management Systems, Microsoft
- Government Certificate of Compliance (GCC) (Factories)
List Key skills / Key words:
- Prima Vera
- Asset Management
- centrifugal pumps
- reciprocating compressors
- pressure relief valves
- tank mixers
- force draught fans
- bucket elevators
- rotor formers
- Fin Fans
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.