- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Sales Engineer HVAC, Cape Town
We are hiring a Sales Engineer for the Aircon division of an international Home Appliances. This position allows a responsible, highly motivated individual to work remotely but based in Cape Town.
Role & Responsibilities
To achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively selling VRF and Single Splits and/or related services
- Develop and implement account sales strategy in line with company objectives
- Plan and manage personal business portfolio/territory/business according to an agreed market development strategy.
- Planning and ability to execute to achieve business plans.
- Develop contingencies to be applied when plan fails
- Manage product/service mix, pricing and margins according to agreed objectives.
- Increasing market share through identification of new niches, new applications, new products
- Monitor and report on market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and managing successful promotions and specials
- Analysis of Market and sales trends and regular reporting
- Plan/carry out/support local marketing activities to agreed budgets and timescales, and integrate personal sales efforts with other organized marketing activities, e.g., product launches, promotions, advertising, exhibitions and telemarketing
- HVAC Technical knowledge is a must (both product and selection software)
- Develop CRM with developers, consulting engineers and contractors.
- Getting Company's listed on the specified manufacturer's list of Consulting Engineers.
- Selecting the right equipment considering all the vital factors that affects the product's performance.
- Must maintain a healthy projects pipeline for the assigned market
- Strong follow ups on the projects starting from Access to spec-in to tender to final decision making
- Ensure that the projects are listed and registered on Company's B2B system
- Must closely monitor the project progress and have clear discussion during weekly pipeline meetings
New Business Development
- Develop a unique way to grow the business with his/her customers
- Provide solutions to management when faced with challenges
- To liaise with corporate contacts, build and develop relationships
- To assist with the preparation of contractual agreements and ensure that these are fully adhered to
- Do full tendering process, including writing of proposals, costing and motivations
Strong Customer Relationships
- Managing the relationship between the company and the customer is a big responsibility.
- Treat your customers as partners and challenge them to grow their business with your brands
- Use customer and prospect contact activities tools and systems, and update relevant information held in these systems
- Customers include Developers, Consulting Engineers, Contractors, Distributors and Dealers
- Provide reports and analysis as required
- To prepare presentations, proposals, plans, contact reports as necessary
- HVAC Technical knowledge (both product and selection software)
- Degree/Diploma in Engineering
- 3 - 5 years of Engineering Sales experience
- Market analysis knowledge
- Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint) advanced level
- CAD, Revit is an add-on.
- Ability to use database for recording and reporting
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.