- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Operator (Lubricant Manufacturing Plant)
A leading petrochemical company in South Africa is looking for an Operator for their Lubricants Manufacturing Plant to join them.
If you are an expert who wishes to be a part of this well-established Lubricants brand, please contact us.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Safety Health & Environment and Compliance, Forklift and Warehouse operation, Stock count and reconciliation activities, Blending operation, Filling operation and Bulk operation. The candidate will be assigned in one of the above-mentioned operations.
- The candidate is expected to gain knowledge, skills and have ability to move to any function (blending or filling etc.) at any given time when there is business need. Achieve set KPIs and daily targets. More details are outlined below (refer to the responsibilities).
- Safety Health & Environment and Compliance: Adhere to set polices and standards, Housekeeping, Safety procedures, Meetings.
- Forklift truck and Warehouse operations: Operate the forklift, Stack items at the warehouse, Pick items, Load and Offload items, Receipt items, Forklift maintenance checks.
- Stock count and reconciliations: Counts items received, Participate in the monthly stock count, Accountable for daily reconciliation of raw materials consumed in manufacturing and packaged goods manufactured or despatched.
- Blending operations: Tank gauging, Pipeline set up, Tank washing, Decants additives, Base Oil, Isotankoffloading process.
- Filling operation: Operate a Filling Line process, Receives empty containers, Line wash management, Sample, draw product samples, Mass/Weight checking, Filters, check, clean and replace filters on manifolds as and when required, Videojet operation Performs daily pre-and post-operation maintenance on Videojet machines. Label items, Label incoming raw materials with correct CSCA product codes.
- Bulk loading operations: Vehicle tank checking, Weighing of tankers, Receives empty vehicles, Sample, draws product samples, Tanker loading, Tank sealing, Pipeline and tankship movements, Pipeline set up.
- Matric qualification
- Forklift licence
- Computer Literacy
- Equipment, operational/production/manufacturing knowledge
- Analytical thinking
- Warehousing operation
- Blending, Filling and Bulk loading skills
- Petroleum Experience (Oil and Gas) or FMCG
- Operations / Manufacturing / Production Experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.