- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
A global petrol-chemical company is seeking Piping Engineers. If you opened for relocation and accepted the challenging to be a part of the history in terms of building up a new brand, please contact us.
Services of a Professional Piping Engineering required in our Designs Engineering department to perform piping engineering design and evaluations. This role calls for an engineer who can promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of piping engineering work. The individual should be competent in design calculations and stress analysis of piping components and systems This includes in-house design verification and sign-off on Category II or higher piping fabrication drawings.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
The Mechanical Engineer position requires 5 - 8 years' refinery experience focusing on the following activities:
- Provide technical plant support to operations and maintenance in Petro-Chemical environment.
- Investigate, analyse and troubleshoot problems on mechanical equipment and piping systems and develop and implement solutions.
- Approval of fabrication drawings for repairs, replacement and modifications to piping systems.
- Design calculations and stress analysis of piping components and systems.
- Fitness for service evaluation of piping components and systems.
- Approval of Category II and higher piping systems.
- Promote and maintain the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of piping engineering work.
- Adhere to and promote the Company's corporate safety culture.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- B Eng. Mech / BSc Mech Eng.
- Eng. registration with ECSA
- Knowledge of ASME B31.1, B31.3, B31.4, SANS 347 and PER
- Knowledge of piping support systems and spring hangers
- 4 years of piping design experience
- Champion Safety Health Environment and Quality (SHEQ).
- Effective stakeholder engagement e.g. Maintenance, Operations & 3rd party vendors and communication with other key disciplines
- Proficient in Caesar pipe stress calculations
- Pr. Eng
- "Professional Engineer"
- "Piping system"
- "calculation design"
- "Stress analysis"
- "piping components"
- "petrochemical environment"
- "ASME 8"
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.