- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Technical Consultant for Energy Automation Products
My client is looking for someone with 8-30 yrs experience in Substation Automation and Protection products within the Utilites & power sector.
Technical Consultant or Technical Promoter role is an essential strategic investment that the business is pursuing to " Farm" for Product approvals with End Users and Channels.
- Farming KPI'S would include homologation of SIPROTEC Relays and SICAM Portfolio( RTU's , Power Quality and Fault Location) in IoU's, Muni's, Co-op's in the assigned region , in collaboration with the Regional SPSS Teams handling Utilities
- Working closely with Key Industrial End Users and Industrial Consultants to ensure approval for Relays and Automation products for Key Green field and brownfield investments, in collaboration with the TIP Teams in the Region
- Working Closely with the Construction Sales Team to ensure Key Building Projects have the necessary approvals from the building contractors and EPCs, in turn getting the Loose Relay Products from the OEMs/ Channels
- Working Closely with the Energy Automation Product Territory Managers to impart detailed Product Training and Application Engineering training to the Major Channel Partners (OEMs, Distributors)
- Endeavour to be a thought Leader in the Protection and Automation Domain in their assigned region : Customers should view the Technical Consultant from Siemens as the Product expert- present White Papers and representation Siemens at Protection Conferences and exhibitions
- The technical Consultant should also be able to impart Training to the End User Protection Engineering team on Products and DIGSI/DEVICE MANAGER Software for ease of acceptance at end users on the product features
- Partnership with the Energy Automation Product Verbund Sales Manager to Ensure approval of Relays and RTU's for End Users in the assigned territory for Projects being BID by DS,LP,HP,Mobility -Verbund SALES manager to take the lead role in getting the approvals with the support of the technical consultant in the assigned region
- Pursue Direct Interface with Agents / Reps to promote the SICAM Fault Location and PQ in Muni's and Coop's in the assigned regions - focus on handholding and joint visits to these DNOs along with the agents to get the necessary Pull
- 70% of the Annual KPI's would be based on Farming or the Pull effect from customers and 30% would be based Achievement of Product Targets for the assigned territory managers whom these Technical Consultants/ Promoters would be supporting
- Technical Promoters would also be responsible to identify /train Retrofit Partners and Service Franchisees for increasing Siemens Footprint for a strong after Sales Service network
- Compensation Structure would be based a Base Compensation + Performance Pay ( based on evaluation of KPIs in Workday at the end of the Year)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience;
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering / Power Systems
- 8- 30 years of Core Protection and Automation experience in Commissioning, Business Development, Projects
- Flexibility to travel : 50-70% face time with customers and collaboration with Regional Sales Colleagues
- Flexible to Relocate in the future to be in closer proximity to customers
- International Experience of working in other countries on similar domains will be an added advantage
- Applicant should be a permanent resident of USA
- Bilingual : Spanish,/Portuguese and English will be another advantage
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.