- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Engineering Lab Technician
Recently out of Work, I have a client that is Hiring and not laying of in the Oil Industry. email me your resume lets talk!
We are also hiring Engineers and Designers with Creo and Solid Modeling.
The position will need someone to carry out standard testing on rubber compounds and handle chemical ingredients, such as fillers, additives, processing aids. An ideal candidate should exhibit strong skills in critical thinking, problem solving, communication, and multitasking.
- Frequent interactions with a team of mechanical engineers, designers, and chemists to support daily R&D tasks and customers' needs.
- Follow established procedures to conduct lab testing on experimental compounds.
- Establish, document, and update the test log and recipe database.
- Provide laboratory support for engineering to answer urgent technical questions on elastomer parts.
- Conduct lab-scale weight measurements of chemical ingredients based on established recipes.
- Maintain, calibrate, and troubleshoot a series of rubber lab equipment, such as tensiometer, durometer, RPA, MDR, DSC, and TGA.
- Support preventive maintenance for the internal mixer and lab mold press.
- Work with IT, maintenance crew, and instrument suppliers to address technical issues of lab instruments.
- Follow detailed schedules while assisting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Share responsibilities with production team for lab cleaning and maintenance.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operating rubber testing instruments (tensiometer, lab mill, durometer, MDR, RPA, DSC, and TGA).
- Strong knowledge in product testing standards such as ASTM and ISO.
- Basic or intermediate knowledge in elastomer seals for oil and gas applications.
- US citizen or a permenant resident.
- 2-year associate degree or above with basic knowledge in math and science.
- 5-years of experience in a rubber manufacturing environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experienced in operating machinery.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.