- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Sr. Project Coordinator (WorkFace Planner)
We are Needing a Sr Project Coordinator whom will be liaison between the project controls manager and workforce supervision.
The Workface Planner ensures that safety, quality and efficiency at the Workface are considered in the planning process. In this field position, the Workface Planner would use his/her hands-on construction expertise to develop Installation Work Packages (IWP). The WorkFace Planner coordinates with and provides WorkFace construction knowledge to project schedulers, engineers, superintendents and managers. He/she acts as liaison between the project controls manager and workforce supervision. Experience with air separation projects is highly recommended. This project is already in the field execution stage, with no engineering work packages developed. A complete overhaul of the construction execution strategy is being undertaken, leading to the need for strong work planning. This position would need to organize engineering documentation into construction work packages, per defined areas, and then create the installation work packages per defined sub-areas. This position fits within the owner's project organization, reporting to the owner's construction management team and directly influencing the owner's contractor. Prior air separation plant construction experience is highly desired.
Support the project team in organizing all required engineering documentation by construction areas, as defined by the construction team. This includes, at a minimum, having all vendor data, all specifications, all drawings, and respective 3D models, quality requirements, material requirements, etc. to develop a solid construction work package by area. This project has 4 areas.
The workface planner must facilitate a safe work culture and is accountable for identifying and inputting into FIWP all necessary resources and specific safety requirements to provide safe working conditions for all planned activities.
This may include:
- Knowing, understanding and communicating the safety regulations (OSHA) and project specific safety policies and procedures
- Identify specific risks associated with executing the planned activities
- Providing or arranging for inclusion of safety compliance in FIWP to mitigate specific risks
- Ensure intended safety requirements are properly conveyed to workforce supervision
Work Planning/ Installation Work Package Development:
The planner is accountable for developing Installation Work Packages (IWP) from design documentation and reviewing with foremen to ensure a complete understanding of the daily and weekly activities required to meet production goals.
Responsibilities may include:
- Developing IWP templates
- Preparing required project IWP, which includes determining required activities, resources, special conditions, quality control, risk planning, interdependencies
- Determining and coordinating resource requirements and liaising with resource coordinators
- Reviewing IWP for completeness and accuracy
- Provide IWPs to material management allowing time for material allocation
- Coordinating IWP execution with field supervision
- Monitoring and controlling IWP and advising appropriate parties
- Coordinating activities with field supervision, resource coordinators, project controls, quality assurance other planners, and operations personnel
- Modifying, reviewing or adjusting IWP as necessary
- Conducting post‐mortem on IWP
Education and/ or Experience:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years experience with workface planning on industrial construction projects, specifically with air separation plant construction.
- Must have had experience as a journeyman tradesperson or other construction project specialist with specific focus on piping/mechanical erection.
- Completed a formal safety training for supervisors (e.g., OSHA 30, etc.)
The workface planner should be aware of the following:
- Health, safety and environmental programs
- Overall understanding of air separation plant construction, specifically quality requirements for the construction of air separation plants, such as oxygen cleanliness.
- At least one specific construction trade discipline or construction specialty at a minimum journeyman level
- General construction and materials systems and procedures
- Basic understanding of project scheduling and estimating techniques
- Understand how the IWP fit into the overall project schedule
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.