- Hiring hub
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Developer Italy - PV - Solar Farm
PV project development process from greenfield to construction.
land prospecting and grid availability research.
identifying local development partners, negotiating co-development agreements and managing the development process.
Italy has been identified as the next market for Our client to expand its business into. We are looking for a project developer to join our highly successful development team and grow company's large scale development pipeline. This new role within Our client will focus on opportunities for large scale PV development in Italy. The role will be to grow the company's development pipeline and support the financial closing process. SC is perfectly placed to exploit the exciting new opportunities in this market, and this new role will present the successful candidate with a unique chance to support and grow that business.. This position is based in Italy and requires regular travel within Italy.
Experience throughout the PV project development process from greenfield all the way through to construction. The successful candidate will have a successful track record in project development offering great interpersonal skills and budget management. The role will involve:
- Greenfield development - establishing SC development projects in Italy. A thorough understanding of the development process is required including land prospecting and grid availability research.
- Co-development - identifying local development partners, negotiating co-development agreements and managing the development process.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Identifying Project and Partnership opportunities to grow pipeline
- Prospecting large sites for ground mounted PV projects
- Managing development process for secured projects
- Research grid status and availability and liaise with DNOs
- Negotiating land agreements
- Negotiating sub-contractor roles responsibilities and contracts
- Negotiating key development project contracts
- Identifying, negotiating and managing co-development agreements
- Analysing and reviewing commercial viability based on projects' technical design and costing
- Market research and developing an in-depth knowledge of local market legislation, regulations, support schemes etc
- Managing local development partners
- Internal pipeline management and reporting
- Financial analysis of opportunities
- Presenting projects to the internal investment committee
- Defining development budgets
- Managing costs and cashflow within the development budget
- PPA negotiations
Qualifications and experience:
Whilst there are no mandatory qualifications required for the role, the successful candidate will be familiar with the development process for large scale solar power plants in Italy, as well as permitting regulations and grid liaison. A good understanding of all parts of the Renewable Industry, PV development cycle is essential and experience with negotiating agreements and contracts is highly desirable
Experience in project management and business development, track record when it comes to delivery and contractual negotiation and closing are vital for this role.
The successful candidate will ideally have worked at either a wind or solar developer and have seen a number of distributed generation schemes from greenfield through permitting, financial close and into operation.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.