- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
I am acting on behalf of my client... Who are cutting edge and have an exciting future ahead - The business is taking strides to become the best and the growth of the business is rapid. It's a business you would want to join and be apart of.
You must be an experienced Manufacturing Engineer from a strong CNC machining background and be fully conversant with modern manufacturing techniques. It's imperative that you can utilise solid models using Solidworks or Catia V5.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop robust manufacturing processes for a range of precision components including the following processes: -
- Successfully manage NPI projects to deliver components on time and within budget. This will include holding regular project meetings maintaining minutes and actions
- Improve existing manufacturing processes to achieve measured productivity improvements.
- Generate and prove out CNC programs for a range of machining centres, including 4 & 5 axis machining centres.
- Generate and prove out CNC programs for a range of horizontal and vertical turning centres.
- Work directly with suppliers to ensure the latest innovations in fixtures & tooling are employed.
- Produce accurate Stage drawings for manufacturing operations.
- Produce detailed documentation, set up packs, SOP's etc.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all aspects of engineering projects are completed on time.
- Liaise directly with customer technical departments to resolve process related issues
- Utilise solid models using Catia V5, Solidworks and Vericut to produce and validate CNC programmes.
- Produce 'Critical Part Plans' in line with customer requirements.
- Preparation of cost estimates to support the acquisition of new business to include specifying process routes, standard hour content, material and sub-contract requirements.
- Support production with daily problem solving ensuring permanent solutions are put in place
- To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility
- Although you may be required to use Catia V5, the primary Cad Cam system you will be using is Solidworks and SolidCam. Additional training will be given in this software.
- You must be dynamic and enthusiastic.
- Experience of machining precision prismatic components.
- Experience of machining large precision turned components.
- You will have knowledge of CAD CAM systems with Solid Works and Catia being a distinct advantage.
- You will be required to implement methods that deliver robust manufacturing solutions for precision components made from a variety of materials.
- Understanding where process requirements such as Heat treatment and coatings are carried out to customer specifications is essential
- You must have strong project management skills with the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- You will have experience of working with Critical Parts, complying to specific customer requirements and specifications.
- Experience of APQP, PFMEA's with proven track record of NPI
- The ability to implement Lean techniques is essential.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?