- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Production Control Leader
Our client is a successful manufacturing business who have a great opportunity for a Production Control Leader to join them.
What you will be doing…
Reporting to the Manufacturing Improvement Manager the Production Control Leaders (PCL's) are responsible for the management of a suite of measures and standards in a given Process Stream/area, including business critical KPIs and SOPs through the application and management of the infinite loop and the implementation of the Pink, Yellow and Green agendas.
Key Accountabilities and Activities
- Area Daily / Weekly Control (Performance Control Loop)
- Daily control (of KPIs) to minimise process deviations
- Drive and support Short Internal Control (SIC) of KPIs (both Critical and Other) through the measurement of data quality (pink agenda), forbidden losses and standards (yellow agenda) and single event analysis (green agenda).
- Define and follow up the implementation of 24 hour actions to eradicate the deviations from the above.
- Ensure the system is in place to allow a detailed handover of critical performance metrics, to allow the information to flow into the daily meeting.
- Working with Operators and Pillar support, improve data quality, review and update Standards, eradicate forbidden losses, create loss trees and ensure effective communication and implementation.
- Support the Daily Operations Meeting, reviewing process performance, understanding the gaps and driving actions.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Manufacturing Improvement Manager and PCL's, identifying good progress, potential concerns and blockers with regards to the achievement of the Project Plan.
- Chair a weekly meeting with Maintenance and Shift Co-Ordinator to drive actions to ensure eradication of losses.
- Prepare and present a monthly review of all projects, detailing the priority actions to ensure successful achievement of action plans.
- Actions on deviations to ensure product flow, KPIs and project progress are achieved, alleviating potential concerns and blockers.
Loss Reduction Projects (Loss Reduction Loop)
- Working with Operators and Pillar support to drive continuous improvement and close the infinite loop.
- Identify priority losses, manage Loss Reduction Actions and projects to eradicate losses and improve the KPI performance.
- Have daily contacts with project team members to ensure the implementation of the actions and their quality.
- Weekly Team Meetings with project teams (facilitated by the Pillar, as required) to review progress.
- Effectively communicate with Shift Co-ordinators and Team Leaders any changes to standards or processes for handover into daily control to all operators, across all shifts.
Quarterly KPI Loss Analysis / Phased Plans
- Review previous quarter performance, refreshing the KPI loss analysis and confirming the loss reduction plan and KPI target for the following quarter.
- Conduct regular infinite loop stream audits to ensure that the process and any improvements are sustained.
- Supporting Employees through the co-ordination and control of process improvement actions and the implementation of the Infinite Loop.
- Trouble shooting / problem solving with Operators.Ensuring effective communication with employees through regular briefings.
- Support Production Manager with investigations and other procedural activities.
- In conjunction with employees develop and maintain SOPs and ensure effective communication and training.
- Co-ordinate and ensure sign-off of training activities, highlighting to the Production Manager future training requirements.
- Engage employees by conducting regular planned kaizen events.
- Responsible for Health and Safety within allocated Process Stream/area
- Conduct initial accident investigations, as required.
- Routinely chair a behavioural safety walk on a rota basis.
- Conduct 'Safe / Unsafe' Behaviour discussions with employees.
- Conduct regular risk assessments, to identify potential risks. Identify and resolve robust action plans to proactively eliminate hazards.
What we are looking for…
The Production Control Leaders require a good level of general education and will be qualified to a minimum HND, preferably degree standard, or equivalent through experience.
You will have significant experience in the manufacturing process and be able to demonstrate an understanding of manufacturing methods and techniques in addition to a sound theoretical engineering knowledge.
PCLs will be capable of leading change initiatives and will be able to positively influence those around them to adopt new ways of working.
The ability to analyse complex data, draw relevant conclusions and action plans is essential. As such PCLs will require a high level of computer literacy and will be comfortable using MS Office, particularly Excel, in addition to POMS.
A high level of drive and energy are required to achieve objectives, balancing several projects, whilst working within a highly structured framework.
The ability to influence others and communicate effectively is essential. PCLs will conduct Team Briefs within the specified Process Stream/area and communicating project progress to stake holders, including the Site Leadership Team.