- Looking to hire?
- Our services
- Our locations
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- Submit vacancy
- IR35 hub
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Account sign in temporarily unavailable
Our portal is currently undergoing maintenance and we are working to restore it as soon as possible. In the event that it is not operational by 9am on Friday 14th May, we shall be sending this week’s payslip to your email contact address.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused and expect the portal to be up and running soon at which point you will be able to access your information in the usual way.
We have a great opportunity for a Production Manager to join our clients high volume manufacturing business based in Southampton.
What you will be doing…
As the Production Manager you will ensure optimisation of departmental performance to exceed set safety, quality, service, productivity & cost objectives, demonstrating a strong commitment to developing a flexible, multi skilled and engaged workforce.
* Responsible for identifying and implementing initiatives to drive continuous improvement across the manufacturing process through team members.
* Develop and implement a quality control program to ensure achievement of departmental quality targets for internal rejects.
* Responsible for setting & achieving departmental production targets in agreement with line manager.
* Responsible for setting & achieving departmental service levels for SLG's in agreement with line manager.
* Performance management of team, conducting performance appraisals, identifying development needs and offering coaching and mentoring in areas that require it.
* Be responsible for time attendance and sickness management of this team and administer them in the T&A system within agreed timelines.
* Lead & Motivate direct and extended teams to achieve business results.
* Pro-active involvement and attendance at business meetings both onsite and offsite to understand wider production performance and impact to own team.
* Responsible for ensuring both internal and external quality audits are carried out in line with agreed schedule and any non-conformities resolved within agreed timescales.
* Accountable for ensuring internal housekeeping standards are maintained across departments
* Ensure all Health & Safety incidents are communicated to the agreed team and action plans are closed in agreed timelines with the Health & Safety Coordinator.
* Deputise for Line Manager as required
* Positively represent own department on off-site and on-site visits
* Responsible for the safe removal of waste streams.
* To ensure adherence to Quality Policy Manual. Implement and improve quality awareness and consistency in the department with the aim of attaining & maintaining accreditation to our internal, external and Group standards whilst minimising any non-conformities at audit. Responsible for ensuring both internal & external quality audits are carried out in line with agreed schedule.
* To control measureable costs across the department including; absence, downtime, overtime, labour and consumables, with the aim of maximising business profitability through operating within departmental budget targets.
* Provide a positive role model in terms of leading and motivating others by recognising good performance, encouraging involvement and participation of team members
* Work with Human Resources on employment related matters for the department
* Actively encourage improvement ideas through your team & drive implementation to strive for best practice.
* Ensure team carry out their agreed quality meetings, communication meetings & performance reviews as per agreed schedule.
What we are looking for…
* Proven track record in a leadership role
* Project Management
* Experience of driving continuous and change initiatives
* Excellent communication skills
* Good interpersonal skills for both internal and external relationships
* High standard of personal motivation & initiative
* Computer literate
* Strong influencing and organisational skills
* Leadership role held within a medium to high volume manufacturing/production environment
* Proven responsibility for leading multiple teams
* ISO9001 & ISO1401 systems knowledge
* Engineering degree with a mechanical bias