- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Mechanical / Pipe Supervisor
The Company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
Reporting to the Area Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Supervising, co-ordinating and scheduling activities of workers
- Co-ordinating scheduled and unscheduled work activities with other units
- Recommending measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Training staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Preparing production and other reports
- Daily on the shopfloor management of all piping activities in respect to the build of the vessel
- Preferred Education: Associate's Degree / CEGEP / Vocational or Technical Training or similar is preferred
- Significant supervisory experience in a Marine/Shipbuilding setting is essential
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.