- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
A well known multi-sector engineering consultancy require an experienced engineer with excellent structural knowledge to manage the delivery of mainly bridge projects within the transportation sector.
You will be responsible for various projects in the rail sector, ranging from medium to large; overseeing proposals and seeing them through to handover.
This is a role for an engineer who is prepared to project manage, lead a team of engineers as well as be hands on when necessary performing structural inspection, analysis and design.
Key Responsibilities also include:
- Utilising engineering experience to provide solutions to problems
- Reviewing documentation and drawings for compliance and to quality standards.
- Maximise business opportunities with clients
- Be a manager and mentor for staff providing development and performance reviews.
Ideally the successful candidate will be chartered, and have extensive experience in road/rail infrastructure. You will also need to have a good knowledge of the Network Rail GRIP process, British Standards and Eurocodes.
The right engineer will want to continue a good track record in people management and show good leadership qualities, fantastic communication, organisation and financial management skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Popular fields of work
Top in Rail
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...