- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Bridge Engineer
As a global multi-disciplinary company they also work closely with our other sectors and regions around the world. Based in the UK the Bridges team supports all sectors and regions on
As a global multi-disciplinary company they also work closely with our other sectors and regions around the world. Based in the UK the Bridges team supports all sectors and regions on bids and the delivery of high profile projects.
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
• You will hold a MEng / MSc in Civil or Structural Engineering
• You will need to be a Chartered Engineer with either the ICE or IStructE
• Proven technical ability in the design and or assessment of bridges and civil structures
• Ability to lead design teams to successful deliver preliminary and detailed designs of structures
• Experience of working on Highways England schemes
• Good working knowledge of DMRB and Eurocodes
• Knowledge of commercial aspects of projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Good motivation, influencing and people management skills
• Ability to think in an innovative and entrepreneurial manner
• Marine civils experience desirable
Duties & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Bridges Team Leader, you will provide technical support into assigned projects ensuring successful delivery of technically challenging schemes. As we operate in such a diverse marketplace, we can safely say that you will gain an experience of working on a wide and varied portfolio of projects which will enhance your skills and test your technical knowledge.
You will be responsible to lead and manage the delivery of projects to meet time, quality, budgetary and health and safety targets, managing all aspects of the client relationship so that delivery exceeds client expectations, providing both direction and technical advice and leading by example where appropriate.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
• Client focused
• Working in collaboration with other disciplines
• Providing technical leadership to projects
• Ensuring compliance in the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including reports and drawings
• Building relationships with clients on projects
• Signing off designs and or checks
• Gaining experience in commercial aspects of projects (contract, invoicing, debt management, client management etc.) relating to projects for which responsible
• Liaising with the Project Director and the Project Manager
• Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovation.
• Assisting and participating in developing yourself and other team members to their full potential
• Gaining experience of and being familiar and compliant with, relevant H & S regulations and promoting a culture of awareness within the team
They offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.