- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Client testimonials
- IR35 hub
- Our locations
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior / Lead Mechanical Engineer
Our aero-defence client in Brighton have multiple opportunities within mechanical engineering for Lead and Senior Engineers to join the business on a permanent basis.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Mechanical Engineering qualification
- Demonstrable experience working as a Mechanical Engineer within a mechanical product development environment with exposure to other disciplines (Electrical, Electronic, Controls etc.)
- Solid engineering knowledge and able to perform hand calculation to ensure design solution is feasible.
- CAD and PDM proficient
- In depth knowledge of BS8888 and Geometric Tolerancing
- Use of design tools (DFM, DFA, DFMEA) to optimise design, product cost and through put.
- Thorough understanding of Operations, ERP, MRP, Configuration Control and PDM.
- Understanding of legislative requirement of products and product development.
- Thorough understanding of the full product and product development life cycle including ILS, service and End Of Life.
- Aerospace industry experience would be desirable
Responsibilities of the role:
- Develop design solutions which satisfy all requirements, exceed stake holder expectations and delight customers. Ensure full compliance with requirements either by analysis (FEA, hand-calcs, etc) and/or by physical testing. This may cover new product designs or design improvements which may be customer funded or internally funded research and development. All Design/Development activities are done within a Systems Engineering and Configuration Management environment.
- Develop; analytical methods, "Design Criteria", and Performance Standards. Apply general product design/competency and specialist knowledge in the relevant design methods, tools & discipline(s), to achieve efficiently the product design and engineering tasks allocated.
- Provide Technical Guidance to other engineers on a diverse range of engineering topics. This will include working concurrently with purchasing and manufacturing to ensure repeatable and reliable manufacture, assembly and operation by supporting them with general engineering and product design advice and information that may assist their more effective manufacture and inspection/test tasks
- To assist, perform or participate in team projects in a profession manner to ensure objectives are achieved to schedule and within budget.
- To assist in the drive for new product and engineering changes through definition and validation to product release. Take ownership of products and designs to ensure all round excellence in the finished product.
- As part of a team, investigate and report on product performance in terms of field performance and in-house testing in order to meet customer/application/market needs. This will require assessment and prioritisation of product design and analysis tasks/projects.
- As required to investigate product failures, field and customer concerns in a focused and methodical manner to ensure root cause is correctly identified and appropriate corrective actions are initiated.
- To ensure (where appropriate) that product life cycle information is fed into service manual and planned maintenance schedules, FMEA and other relevant documentation.
- To apply your general product design/competency and specialist knowledge in the relevant design methods, tools & discipline(s), to achieve efficiently or assist others to achieve effectively the product design and engineering tasks allocated.
- To operate CAD & FEA systems and their associated programs for mechanical design & analysis.
- To continuously review and keep abreast of new products and technology relevant to your role.
- To provide internal and external customer's with product design information where necessary
- To support the Quality Group in their tasks related to product design and the company generally in conforming to relevant quality standards.