- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Highway Engineering Manager
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy that is looking for a Highway Engineering Manager for their team in Essex.
As a Highways Engineering Manager, you will have people management responsibilities and will be the lead on a variety of projects. Responsibilities will include:
• Technical Leadership in the execution of a £20m Local Authority Highway Improvement programme;
• Identifying and leading on added value and sustainable engineering initiatives relating to Highway Improvement programme;
• Client relationship management at all levels in client organisations;
• Interfacing with other disciplines and offices such as Highway Civils, Geotechnical, Rail, Transport Planning/Traffic Systems, and Environmental;
• Resolving technical and specification / detailing issues as they occur and monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility;
• Strong financial management and monitoring;
• Experienced in team management, staff development and local recruitment;
• Actively pursuing opportunities for business growth and development.
A degree in Civil Engineering;
• CEng MICE
• Several years of experience in the highways improvement sector with delivery of local authority works programmes.
• Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level;
• Thorough understanding and practical application of the DMRB majoring on alignment, drainage and multi-disciplinary coordination
• Workload and resource management skills;
• Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and under budget
• Good IT and presentation skills;
• Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams;
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good understanding of CDM 2015 and in particular the execution of Principal Designer duties;
• Relevant Health and Safety training in the infrastructure sector.
Good working experience of ECI or Design and Build projects;
Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3;
Experience of construction techniques and supervision;
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...