- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Highway Engineering Manager
Our client is a leading engineering consultancy that is looking for a Highway Engineering Manager for their team in Essex.
As a Highways Engineering Manager, you will have people management responsibilities and will be the lead on a variety of projects. Responsibilities will include:
• Technical Leadership in the execution of a £20m Local Authority Highway Improvement programme;
• Identifying and leading on added value and sustainable engineering initiatives relating to Highway Improvement programme;
• Client relationship management at all levels in client organisations;
• Interfacing with other disciplines and offices such as Highway Civils, Geotechnical, Rail, Transport Planning/Traffic Systems, and Environmental;
• Resolving technical and specification / detailing issues as they occur and monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility;
• Strong financial management and monitoring;
• Experienced in team management, staff development and local recruitment;
• Actively pursuing opportunities for business growth and development.
A degree in Civil Engineering;
• CEng MICE
• Several years of experience in the highways improvement sector with delivery of local authority works programmes.
• Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level;
• Thorough understanding and practical application of the DMRB majoring on alignment, drainage and multi-disciplinary coordination
• Workload and resource management skills;
• Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and under budget
• Good IT and presentation skills;
• Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams;
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills;
• Good understanding of CDM 2015 and in particular the execution of Principal Designer duties;
• Relevant Health and Safety training in the infrastructure sector.
Good working experience of ECI or Design and Build projects;
Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3;
Experience of construction techniques and supervision;
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...