- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
A growing consultancy is looking to add to their existing team and expand their Autocad capabilities with future growth expected within BIM.
This team work collaboratively with clients to develop, design and construct a wide range of projects in a variety of sectors including rail and energy and power. The engineers at this Consultancy are involved in some of the largest infrastructure redevelopment work in the country and have a strong track record in the delivery of targeted and focused solutions. Furthermore, this Consultancy has developed their 3D design capability to become one of the most advanced 3D designers within the UK Railway Sector.
They are now looking for a CAD Technician to support the Geotechnical team in the York Office, working on a portfolio of design projects. You will achieve the targets agreed with the discipline leader/professional head regarding the effective delivery of drawings to current engineering and CAD standards, within agreed time scales.
High profile projects include:
* Doncaster Platforms
* Oxford Corridor Capacity Improvement
* Paddington Station and Old Oak Approach
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge and skills:
* Civil engineering technician background, ideally HNC/HND background or equivalent
* Proficient working in BIM environment using Microstation 3D ( may also consider Microstation 2D as a minimum for the right candidate with right skillset in BIM Level 2 work environment)
* Relevant experience: general civil engineering infrastructure type works, ideally within rail sector, but highways, drainage, industrial layouts also considered
* Experience working in design consultancy using quality assurance and document control (eg ProjectWise ) procedures
* The candidate would be conscientious, accurate, dependable and used to completing work to deadlines. In addition to working in 3D models the successful candidate would be familiar with producing engineering drawings, general arrangements, detailed drawings, cross sections etc.
Features of Benefits Package:
* 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
* A generous defined contribution pension scheme up to 9%
* Childcare vouchers
* Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Corporate discount scheme (including money off many high street stores).
* Long Term Service Awards
* Annual Professional Institution Subscription Paid
* Refer a Friend Scheme
Please contact Alex Ruos at email@example.com or 01489 898 187
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...