- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
Our client are looking for an experienced Site Manager who has knowledge of CDM regulations to join their Delivery team in Glasgow.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To deliver the Civil, Electrical or Overhead Line & Cable construction works for major electrical transmission projects to safety, quality and environmental standards whilst ensuring financial and programme targets are met. Projects could vary from new build, replacement, refurbishment or other associated transmission projects. Responsible for ensuring tender documents are prepared, reviewed and suitable contractors or suppliers selected. Programming and planning the construction works, managing site mobilisation, leading the relevant site staff and delivering the works. Managing the contractors, materials, costs and conditions of contract.
- Establish Health & Safety as a priority throughout the duration of the project. Comply with all relevant legislation with a particular focus on CDM. Carry out site inductions, tool box talks, safety tours, accident reporting and review of method statements etc. Provide monthly reports to the Project Manager and Safety Dept e.g. near misses, accidents and audit results.
- Manage and deliver Civil, Electrical or Overhead Line & Cable site works in accordance with client specifications, British Standards, Euro Codes and other industry standards.
- Manage and deliver site works to meet commercial conditions of contract including minimising delays and claims for variations. Collate and provide monthly reports including cost performance, early warnings and variations.
- Prepare and review tender documents including technical specifications, contractor's scope of work, costs and programmes according to our clients standards and specifications.
- Plan the site activities of the project (for relevant discipline area) in accordance with contractor's scope of work. Prepare a detailed programme of works, communicate and agree with various Discipline Managers, Project Manager, Suppliers, Client, Engineering Manager, Key Account Manager and Project Administrator. The construction programme must consider consents, procurement and commissioning timescales.
- Act as the main site point of contact for your discipline area. Organise and supervise contractors, plan and chair site meetings, complete site quality, safety and environmental inspections. Deal with and resolve disputes whether they are technical, financial or other.
- Provide regular reports on construction costs in collaboration with the cost control group. Minimise variations and manage the variation process. Review contractor measures, applications for payment, confirm accuracy and authorise payments.
- Prepare and provide site works progress reports related to your discipline area on a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy and in a team consisting of Project Management, Design, Commercial, Civil, Electrical, Overhead Line & Cable, Safety, Quality and Environmental staff whilst supervising contractors.
- Provide technical support, advice and instruction (related to your discipline area) to various contractors and others on-site.
- Deliver site works in accordance with our clients Quality and Environmental processes and procedures. Minimise non-conformances or resolve within specified timescales.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Significant experience in managing transmission project site construction in either a Civil, Electrical or Overhead Line and Cable discipline.
- Detailed understanding of procurement processes used in the construction or transmission industry
- Contract management including variations and claims.
- Awareness of FIDIC, NEC, ICE or JCT conditions of contract.
- Ability to implement quality assurance and environmental processes
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation in your relevant discipline area related to transmission construction projects
- PC knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Knowledge of specification, design, maintenance, construction and commissioning of either civil, electrical or overhead line and cable works
- Awareness of regulatory issues impacting the business
- Proven ability to lead and work in a team and contractors environment
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- HNC/HND in related discipline or equivalent experience
- CDM training
- Safety training for managing site construction works
- Significant experience in managing Civil, Electrical or Overhead Line & Cable site construction works for electrical transmission projects
- HNC / HND in related engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Safety trained for managing site construction works e.g. CSCS or IOSH Managing Safely
- CDM Training and experience
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Infrastructure
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...