- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is a multi-disciplinary consultancy that is look for an experienced geotechnical engineer to join their team in Leicestershire.
Overview of job:
* Organise, manage and interpret ground investigations for various civil and structural engineering projects.
* Liaise with clients and the client team to ensure investigations match their requirements.
* Visit site to supervise and direct geotechnical investigations.
* Phase I environmental risk assessments (desk studies).
* Phase II intrusive ground investigations.
* Phase III land remediation risk assessments.
* Phase IV remediation verification reports.
* Geotechnical design work.
* The role involves liaison with the other teams within M-EC to ensure that all design work that interfaces with the ground are fit for purpose and check the results have been interpreted correctly.
* Educated to a minimum standard of Degree in Geo-Environmental engineering or similar.
* Preferably will have or be working towards professional membership with Geological Society, CIWEM or similar.
* Achieve minimum of 5 days continuing professional development (CPD) per year.
* Proficient in the use of AutoCAD software.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and have strong analytical skills.
* Robust knowledge of soil geotechnical properties and the implications of the various properties. Competent at exploratory hole logging and sampling.
* Robust knowledge of contamination investigation, analysis and interpretation.
* Robust knowledge of ground investigation techniques and the relevant plant and equipment to be used.
* Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team. This will also involve working with various other disciplines within M-EC and external companies.
* Must be comfortable making clear and decisive decisions on site to ensure investigations can be completed smoothly and all key information can be obtained.
* Self-motivated individual with desire to not only work within the team but also have ambition to help it grow and develop. Mentoring / supervision of trainee staff to develop their knowledge and skills.
* Working knowledge of health and safety standards and adhere to them at all times.
* 100% commitment to the Company Values and Service Commitments.
* Excellent time keeping.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Hold full clean driving licence and have own private car with insurance for business use.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
* Undertake Phase I environmental risk assessments (desk studies) including site walkover, searches, assessments, drawings and report writing.
* Mining desk studies and risk assessment reports.
* Undertake Phase II ground investigations including scoping / costing of proposed works, planning / co-ordinating with colleagues and sub-contractors, supervision of on-site investigations including logging / recording of findings.
* Ground gas and ground water logging and sampling.
* In-situ geotechnical testing. Scheduling and organising laboratory sample testing.
* Phase III land remediation risk assessments, remediation strategies and design.
* Phase IV remediation verification / validation reports.
* Carry out Geotechnical design work for retaining walls, slope stability and foundation designs.
* Compliance with Designer's responsibilities under the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015.
* Bonus scheme provided based on the employees productivity.
* Minimum 7.5 hours per day Monday to Friday, with core hours of 10am to 4pm. Minimum 30 minutes lunch break.
* 25 days annual leave, rising to 26 after two years' service and 27 after 5 years' service.
* After 3 months service entitled to join company pension scheme (5% employer contribution, 3% employee contribution). The scheme includes death on service benefit of 2x salary, rising to 4x salary after 5 years' service.
* After 6 months service entitled to join company private healthcare
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...