- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is looking for an experienced Highway Engineer to join their team in Worcestershire
Are you ambitious for your personal development and the future success of the organisation you work for? We are open to applicants whether you are currently at Engineer, Senior or Principal level with the skills, knowledge and proven experience of the following:
* Detailed design of infrastructure works, including highways, drainage and earthwork elements
* Achieving adoption of the works in accordance with the Highway Act
* Specification for Highway Works and Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
* 3D Ground modelling using industry standard software
* Thorough knowledge and use of AutoCAD, PDS and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D
* Liaison with clients and suppliers
* Good communicator and an ability to solve complex problems with a high degree of technical independence.
All this will be based on a degree in Civil Engineering, although candidates with an HNC or HND in Civil Engineering and / or extensive experience will also be considered. In addition, if you have experience of the preparation of MX, Key Terrafirma or similar design applications, Keysoft's KeyLines & KeySigns, Autotrack and TEDDS these would be an added bonus.
Our client's involvement in projects range through conceptual, pre-planning, detailed design and construction stages these include projects such as:
* A large multi-disciplinary development consisting of 1.5km of new highway and accompanying strategic drainage in West Sussex;
* Highway and drainage design for 120-unit residential site in Warwickshire;
* Design and site supervision of 800m of new highway works serving a rail depot in Doncaster.
What is offered:
* A competitive salary according to skills / experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package
* An office based in one of the most attractive & historic parts of the country. Worcestershire currently has the third largest economy growth behind London and Oxford.
* A working environment that will allow you to develop your skills by participating in all stages of a project, lead design projects, manage staff & suppliers, take on responsibility; develop client relationships; get involved in the commercial aspects of the business; and facilitate career progression
Our client operates an ICE Training Agreement scheme and will support you in your ambition to become Chartered or Incorporated (through any relevant industry body), providing relevant training and payment of membership fees to a single institution.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.