- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Technical Director - Highways
Our client has an excellent opportunity for an experience Principal or Associate Highway Engineer to their Birmingham team as a Technical Director
As a Technical Director, you will have people management responsibilities and will be the lead on a diverse range of projects. Responsibilities will include:
* Leadership, growth and development of the regional highway team adding value to the established national and international capability;
* Preparation of proposals and designs at feasibility, optioneering, planning and detailed design stages;
* Identifying and leading on added value, sustainable engineering and Lean initiatives relating to Highways;
* Providing technical direction to design engineers, graduates and technicians;
* Liaison with clients, contractors and third parties;
* Interfacing with other disciplines and offices such as Highway Structures, Technology, Geotechnical, Rail, Transport Planning, and Environmental;
* Resolving technical issues as they occur and monitoring progress in your areas of responsibility;
* Managing project delivery including financial management and monitoring;
* People/team management and local recruitment;
* Client Relationship Management at all levels in client organisations.
* A Bachelors or Masters degree in Civil Engineering;
* Chartered Member of ICE or equivalent;
* A leading approach to health and safety in all things
* Experience in the highways sector including the delivery of HE projects;
* Experience of liaising/negotiating with client representatives and staff at a senior level;
* Thorough understanding and practical application of the DMRB
* Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options including but not limited to NEC3.
* Able to produce well-presented and technically accurate reports;
* Workload and resource management skills;
* Capability to oversee tasks and costs and deliver programmed work on time and under budget including adoption of EVA techniques;
* IT and presentation skills;
* Experience of motivating and driving delivery teams;
* Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills
* Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice Experience of managing multi-disciplined projects being delivered by teams at various geographical locations both within the UK and overseas
* Strong evidence of Continued Professional Development within technical specialism.
* Experience and knowledge in the use of BIM for electronic storage and use of data
* Experience of ECI or Design and Build projects;
* Experience of construction supervision;
* Knowledge of HE CDF;
* Knowledge of local authority interfaces;
* PRINCE2 Accreditation;
* Recent experience of Highways England Major Projects;
* Health and Safety training in the infrastructure sector
We offer a competitive package which includes a Pension and Life Assurance Scheme and the opportunity to participate in our Flexible Benefits programme
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...