- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Transport Planner
An excellent opportunity for an experienced transport Planner to join our client in Exeter as a Senior Transport Planner.
Our client is seeking a Senior Transport Planner to join team in Exeter engaged in all aspects of traffic and transportation planning including transport assessments for new developments, master planning, urban regeneration projects and travel plans. The successful candidate will assist in the preparation of Transport Assessments and Travel Plans and in particular will focus on the preparation of junction capacity analysis, figures for reports, analysis of data and drawings of transport improvements including junction designs. He or she will work as part of a small team and will be required to undertake a variety of tasks that are required in order that report delivery deadlines are met.
The Senior Engineer provides support to Project Team leader / members and has a number of key responsibilities such as:
* Effective management of projects, assuming day to day control and ensuring budget constraints and timescales are adhered to.
* Undertaking and completing delegated tasks as assigned by Project Manager to a good professional standard within required timescales.
* Advising the Project Manager when problems arise or when timescales are in jeopardy.
* Delegating certain tasks to Transport Planners and Technicians, assisting in the coaching of less experienced staff.
* Liaison and negotiation with client, project team and planning and highways officers.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
Working knowledge of:
* Microsoft Office and Excel.
* Department for Transport Standards (e.g. DMRB, MfS, etc).
* Transport sections of Government and Regional policy documents (e.g. NPPG, NPPF, the London Plan, etc.).
* Industry related guidance, manuals, etc.
* ARCADY and PICADY
* Numerate & Computer literate.
* Good team worker with ability to delegate.
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* Good professional and problem solving skills.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...