- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
The Company is in the business of building quality ships from their site in the beautiful city of Halifax, Canada. They are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and Canadian Coast Guard.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Manage all commercial and performance aspects of the Design Agent Contract
- Act as key point of contact regarding contractual issues
- Monitor the performance of the design agent, including schedule and cost
- Ensure budgetary coverage for Design Agent activities and make amendments to the budget or scope of work as required
- Work with the Chief Engineer and Engineering team to assist in resolving technical issues.
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering (Naval Architect or Marine Engineering preferred)
- Experience in an Engineering/Programmatic environment
- Experience managing contracts
- Experience working with 3D modelling
- Experience working on major Defense contracts an asset
- Experience in the shipbuilding industry (naval preferred) considered an asset
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...