- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
The Company is in the business of building quality ships from their site in the beautiful city of Halifax, Canada. They are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defense and Canadian Coast Guard.
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Manage all commercial and performance aspects of the Design Agent Contract
- Act as key point of contact regarding contractual issues
- Monitor the performance of the design agent, including schedule and cost
- Ensure budgetary coverage for Design Agent activities and make amendments to the budget or scope of work as required
- Work with the Chief Engineer and Engineering team to assist in resolving technical issues.
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Post-Secondary Education in Engineering (Naval Architect or Marine Engineering preferred)
- Experience in an Engineering/Programmatic environment
- Experience managing contracts
- Experience working with 3D modelling
- Experience working on major Defense contracts an asset
- Experience in the shipbuilding industry (naval preferred) considered an asset
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with multiple conflicting priorities
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Comfort with MS Office suite of software
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...
- Flagship UK aircraft carrier heads home
The mighty HMS Queen Elizabeth aircraft carrier will soon arrive in her home port of Portsmouth – a milestone moment for the...