- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
We are working with a leading global shipbuilding company that are currently responsible for the build of the new fleet of vessels for the Royal Canadian Navy. The team are looking for an experienced Planning Manager to join them on this project.
Reporting into the Planning Director, the Planning Manager will be responsible for managing a group of specialized planners to develop details change implementation plans for issuance to Engineering, Supply Chain and Production as well as key subcontractors as required.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Issue change work packages to Production including marked up drawings and bills of material to implement all approved changes
- Responsible for the development and accuracy of schedule reports regarding all internal and external (customer driven) changes
- Responsible for issuing performance reports required by management for insight into the efficiency of the change process
- Monitor and update the project implementation schedule for all changes on the AOPS program
- Update monthly change implementation schedules to show work and progress complete, materials and equipment received or changes in dates
- Notify the Construction Manager of all schedule activities affecting job process, indicating critical activities, slippage and manpower requirements or scheduled for approved changes
- Completion of the integrated master schedule for all approved changes, its markup and further refinement
- Prepares and issues the construction weekly work plans for approved changes
- Prepares special detailed schedules for highly complex changes to guide Production in the execution of the change work
- Education Required: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or equivalent experience is essential
- Years of Experience Required:
- Proven planning leadership or equivalent experience in a naval shipbuilding environment
- Experience using Primavera, Aveva, S3D, MS Excel, or Autocad would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi-discipline planning teams for naval shipbuilding operations
- Expert knowledge of shipbuilding production methods and workflows
- Thorough knowledge of shipbuilding practices, stage of construction, new build, routing, etc.
- Demonstrable planning management experience with a proven track record in naval shipbuilding
- Demonstrable team leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and team communication
- High levels of familiarization with ship construction terminology
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.