- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Systems Validation Engineer
An exciting long term contract opportunity has arisen to work for a leading Automotive Tier 1. Successful candidates will have Systems development backgrounds with proven Systems Validation experience including modelling and simulation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The electronics systems engineer will be required to develop real time electronic control systems for diesel fuel injection equipment and other integrated equipment also potentially for engine and vehicle electronic systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capturing and analyzing customer requirements.
- Designing control algorithms and strategies (using Matlab) for autocode generation of production intent code.
- Designing system diagnostics and CAN communication specifications.
- Developing validation tests for electrical bench, dSpace HiL and vehicle.
- Calibrating sensor interfaces and diagnostic strategies.
- Calibrating servo controls and regulators.
- Supporting customer's engine and vehicle testing.
- Supporting system and hardware FMEA.
- Provide expertise for investigations and problem solving activities.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable industry related experience of developing real time embedded control systems.
- Solid experience of defining and developing control strategies in Matlab.
- Experience of working for a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
- Experience of a production intent auto-coding environment.
- Calibration Tools (eg. INCA, ATI Vision)
- CAN Tools (eg. CANAlyzer)
- Clearcase (or similar configuration management tool)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems