- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Systems Validation Engineer
An exciting long term contract opportunity has arisen to work for a leading Automotive Tier 1. Successful candidates will have Systems development backgrounds with proven Systems Validation experience including modelling and simulation.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The electronics systems engineer will be required to develop real time electronic control systems for diesel fuel injection equipment and other integrated equipment also potentially for engine and vehicle electronic systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Capturing and analyzing customer requirements.
- Designing control algorithms and strategies (using Matlab) for autocode generation of production intent code.
- Designing system diagnostics and CAN communication specifications.
- Developing validation tests for electrical bench, dSpace HiL and vehicle.
- Calibrating sensor interfaces and diagnostic strategies.
- Calibrating servo controls and regulators.
- Supporting customer's engine and vehicle testing.
- Supporting system and hardware FMEA.
- Provide expertise for investigations and problem solving activities.
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrable industry related experience of developing real time embedded control systems.
- Solid experience of defining and developing control strategies in Matlab.
- Experience of working for a Tier 1 supplier in the automotive industry.
- Experience of a production intent auto-coding environment.
- Calibration Tools (eg. INCA, ATI Vision)
- CAN Tools (eg. CANAlyzer)
- Clearcase (or similar configuration management tool)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...
- Top 50 women in engineering under 35
Over 500 nominations but only 50 women could make it onto the list. Find out who made the cut in our article.