- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
The Client is in the business of building quality ships at their shipyard based in the scenic city of Halifax, Canada. They are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and Canadian Coast Guard.
Reporting into the Ship Manager, the successful candidate will have the following responsibilities and qualifications:
- Management and technical analysis of production, test, and integration processes
- Identify and evaluate shipyard production metrics and contribute to developing technical solutions for production engineering and design challenges
- Provide technical and managerial oversight by monitoring production processes
- Constantly review allocation of resources and materials to ensure optimal utilization in order to meet schedule and budget requirements
- Weekly status updates on new build construction progress and direct communication with workforce to meet project schedule
- Ensure compliance with all Company Environmental, Health and Safety policies and identify and suggest changes to promote safety awareness
- Ensure strict adherence to Company quality procedures and policies
Requirements, Knowledge & Skills:
- Proven relevant production supervisory or management experience in "new build" naval shipbuilding environment is essential
- Previous years trades work experience in a "new build" naval shipbuilding environment is an asset
- Completion of relevant College Technical/Vocational Training
- Applicants should have strong multi-disciplinary skills and a proven record of managing work in a safe and efficient manner
- Experience mentoring, training and/or coaching
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers
- Skilled trades in short supply in the maritime industry
The maritime industry is in desperate need for more skilled trades to help build cutting-edge warships, submarines and leisu...