- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is looking for an ambitious civil engineer to work in the exciting and fast-paced design environment of their central London office.
The ideal candidate would be a good ‘all-rounder’ with a strong civil engineering background, but also interest and ability to do structural engineering and some BIM modelling.
Key skills required are:
• Good level of design capability of underground drainage, pavement and road design, and Flood Risk Assessments. The successful candidate needs to be competent enough to carry out most of this design autonomously for smaller building sites and work under supervision for larger projects.
• Experience with Building Control submissions for underground drainage and liaison with Environment Agency (EA), Planning Departments and other agencies including local councils and local planning authorities.
• Experience with approval processes for S106 sewer adoption and S278 works on public highways.
• Working knowledge of structural design including foundations, concrete, and steel for all kinds of structures.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of employees and management within the organization
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment or independently with self-managed projects
• A good understanding of BIM required. Knowledge of Revit Structure beneficial but not necessary, if the candidate does not have experience with Revit, a willingness to learn is essential
• Must be experienced with using design software such as Civil 3D including hydraulic and flooding calculations and AutoCAD
• Must be proficient in of Microsoft Office Suite programs (Outlook, Word and Excel) is essential
Experience and Educational background:
• Experience of working in either a design office or directly within the construction industry
• A relevant Civil Engineering degree, Master’s desired but not essential
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Infrastucture
- Video: engineering jobs on HS2
In this video, Graham Day shares what HS2 can do for your career and why you should want to work on the project.
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...