- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Project Manager - Water
My Client is seeking a Project Manager to work on M+E Water Industry Projects
An opportunity has arisen for Project Manager. You will be in the management of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominately in the water industry.
The main responsibilities of the role are
• To assume responsibility for the successful operation of specific projects / portfolio of projects.
• Where necessary, to provide day-to-day management for allocated project engineers, ensuring that all schemes are being effectively delivered to the clients satisfaction.
• To participate in monthly financial reviews for all relevant schemes with the General Manager / Commercial Manager, ensuring that all schemes have prepared accurate financial performance reports.
• To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures.
• To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
• To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
• The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget.
• Liaise with client’s staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
• Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
• Attend site visits/meetings.
• Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
• Prepare estimates and quotations
• Complete contract documentation
• Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
• Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
• Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
• To ensure all contract documentation such as, “As built” drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and timescales.
• Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
• Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
• A proven track record of successfully delivering schemes of varying size in terms of quality, programme and financial performance.
• The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
• The ability to interact in a professional manner with senior representatives of our clients.
• To have a good understanding of contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
• To be able to manage multiple contracts of varying size and nature.
• To be able to prepare accurate reports detailing programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes
Skills & Experience
• An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
• Ideally hold recognised Project Management Qualifications or membership to the Project Management Institute
• Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
• Commercial and contractual awareness
• Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Self motivation
• Be proactive in their approach
• An excellent communicator
• A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...