- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant
This is an excellent opportunity to join an independent Geotechnical and Environmental Site Investigation Consultancy close to Reading
This specialist company is looking for an ambitious Senior/Principal Environmental Consultant to join and provide environmental advice to their small team.
The successful candidate would ideally have:
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in an Environmental related subject
- Be Chartered or close to being Chartered
- Extensive experience in contaminated land investigation in the UK
- A strong technical background in the investigation, remediation and validation of contaminated land, site specific risk assessments, CLEA and other risk models, groundwater contamination, P20 assessments, landfill gas risk assessments, remediation techniques, waste and soil classification, validation etc.
- Commercial awareness
- Experience and understanding of current UK Legislation for contaminated land
- Ability to manage people and demonstrate team leadership
- Report writing, peer review and technical report checking skills.
- Limited geotechnical skills and knowledge would be required, strong skills would be ideal.
- Full UK drivers licence.
The successful candidate would lead the environmental side of the Consultancy and provide the main environmental advice to the group. The main responsibilities would be:
- Providing environmental expertise and advice to the group on a wide range to projects.
- Advising and liaising with clients
- Management and mentoring of junior staff
- Planning, managing and delivering projects
- Reviewing, writing and sign off of technical reports
- Keep the group advised on changes in environmental legislation and implications to company policy.
- Liaison with Contaminated Land Officers, Environment Agency etc.
- Business Development in potential environmental growth areas
There is potential for expansion in the present environmental coverage/ workload of the group and for the right person, would provide an excellent opportunity for them to progress within and grow the company.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.