- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Principal Water Engineer - Flood
My client is looking for a Principal Water Engineer to work in their Leeds office.
My client provides services across all aspects of the water environment, including flood risk assessment, flood alleviation, hydrology and hydraulic modelling, foul and surface water drainage design, environmental impact assessment and other civil engineering works.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter with the drive and skills to build relationships, identify opportunities and work collaboratively with other disciplines. You should have excellent technical and commercial skills within the Water Engineering sector and have a good understanding of other engineering and environmental disciplines.
The successful candidate should be (or close to achieving) Chartered Engineer or Chartered Water and Environmental Manager status and have technical expertise in one or more of the key services that the Water Engineering provides, namely: flood risk assessment, flood alleviation, hydrology and hydraulic modelling, foul and surface water drainage design including SUDS, and/or environmental impact assessment.
- Drive and ability to build client relationships and develop suitable opportunities.
- Excellent commercial skills, including project management and bid preparation.
- Ability to work within a sector and multidisciplinary team.
- Relevant experience with the water markets.
- Chartered Engineer or Chartered Water and Environmental Manager (or working towards) with technical expertise in areas such as flood risk assessment, flood alleviation, hydrology and hydraulic modelling, foul and surface water drainage design including SUDS, and/or environmental impact assessment.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...