- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
River/Flood Modeller - Cardiff, Guildford, Birmingham, Bristol.
My client is looking for a River/Flood Modeller in Cardiff, Guildford, Birmingham and Bristol.
Overview of Role
Reporting to a Senior Modeller, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time-frame and quality targets, meeting or exceeding client expectations, promoting and marketing all facets of our services during interfaces with clients and other sectors and disciplines, contributing towards the achievement of the divisional business plan and to build networks within the industry.
- Resolving technical modelling issues and carrying out technical reviews of hydraulic models
- Managing components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
- Working in collaboration with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design
- Providing technical input into flood risk management and water resource projects
- Ensuring compliance with company systems of the components of the project for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies
- Support in preparation of project proposals / bids / fee estimates
- Gaining awareness of commercial aspects of projects (contract, budgets invoicing, client management etc.) relating to projects for which you input into
- Providing input to project team, leading by example to achieve sector goals and championing a quality, innovation
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- First degree in an appropriate analytical subject (Civil Engineering, Environmental Science, Water Resources, Engineering Hydrology)
- Second degree in an appropriate subject
- Working towards Chartered status with ICE or CIWEM
- Experience in fluvial modelling using ISIS-TUFLOW software
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Skills in GIS (MapInfo or ArcGIS)
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience of Flood Risk Assessments
- Experience in applying UK hydrological methodologies (e.g. Flood Estimation Handbook)
- Experience in water resource assessments, undertaking Environmental Impact Assessments and preparing Environmental Statements
- Awareness of the commercial aspects of project delivery
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Flood Risk
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...
- Madeleine Jones of Sellafield Ltd wins WES’s Karen Burt Award for best new female Chartered Engineer
This prestigious annual award for a newly chartered woman engineer, now in its 19th year, recognises the candidate's excelle...