- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Chief Engineer Control Systems - Hybrids
An opportunity exists within the Hybrid and Electrical Systems business unit for a Chief Engineer. The position would involve leadership (both technical and line management) and deliver on-going client projects working in the area of HEV Systems.
Based in Cambridge and primarily responsible for leading hybrid business development, proposal and project delivery activities - particularly in control systems and associated technologies.
Your everyday tasks will include the provision of:
- Technical and commercial leadership in developing new business opportunities
- Compelling project proposals that demonstrate value to our customers
- Outstanding project delivery
You will be comfortable with:
- Meeting new customers and developing relationships
- Working closely with our commercial and sector leaders
- Operating within multi-discipline teams to win and deliver our mild hybrid projects.
- Leading an mentoring a team of engineers
Accountability / Key Responsibilities
To lead technical teams and deliver client projects:
- Technical leadership of the controls team, including technical review of project portfolio, identification of improvements, actively promoting re-use and generation of IP & staff development on both an individual and team basis
- Day-to-day line-management of engineers (likely ~7 direct reports) & supporting resource planning
- Provide project technical leadership for projects within the controls area
- Interface directly with clients on technical issues
- Focus on delivery of projects on-time and on-budget
- Technical negotiations with clients and support of commercial discussions
- Support Sales Teams in through client interaction, proposal support and roadmap development
- Promotion of company capability throughout the global customer base
- Drive the development of future products and services
You are a degree qualified, and ideally chartered, engineer with a significant industry track record in control systems, hybridisation and product design & application.
In return, we can offer you an opportunity to broaden your ability and reward you with increased levels of responsibility and ownership. In order to be successful, you should demonstrate:
- Your experience in control systems for Hybrid vehicle systems and extensive experience in the application of these systems in production projects
- Your analytical approach to developing controls algorithms in an automotive environment
- Your fluency in a model-based development languages (Matlab/Simulink, Embedded Coder, Targetlink, ASCET) and an understanding of C-Code
- Your history of defining and preparing winning proposals, with the ability to develop strong, long-lasting customer relationships at senior level and profitable revenue streams
- Your understanding of project delivery within a systems engineering environment and familiarity with the delivery process from requirements capture through to design validation.
- Your ability to plan and deliver projects within budget and within the scoped time
- Your real passion for crafting new ideas and promoting business cases for patent application
- Your enthusiastic and self-motivated personality, which compliments your drive and dedication to deliver technically challenging projects
- Flexibility on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments.
- Strong leadership, collaboration, organizational, oral communication, and written communication skills and ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplined teams
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.