- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principal Geotechnical Engineer
This is an opportunity for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join a growing team based in London, working on a wide portfolio of schemes throughout the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing components of projects, working in partnership with other design disciplines/departments.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Proactively managing selected projects or aspects of projects
- Directing and working in collaboration with other design departments
- Providing both leadership and technical support and advice to project team members
- Managing commercial aspects
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Previous experience giving direction to junior staff
- Proven experience on large multi-disciplinary projects
- Detailed geotechnical design experience including foundations, retaining walls and slope stability assessments
- Experience in earthworks design, specification and implementation
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation
- Experience in the use of geotechnical design programs; VDISP, WALLAP, SLIDE and SlopeW
- Good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients
- Full, valid driving license
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
- MEng in Civil Engineering with a Geotechnical bias
- Chartered Civil Engineer (MICE)
Desirable Academic Qualifications:
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or related subject is desirable
To apply for this position, please contact Hassan Al-Yousif on 01489 898107 or e-mail Hassan.Al-Yousif@matchtech.com
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.